Saturday, November 3, 2018

A remote beach in West Kalimantan

Kalimantan
One of the houses of the Dayak tribe in Kalimantan
Ketapang, the hidden jewel of Indonesia, is located south of Pontianak, the capital of western Kalimantan. I had the pleasure to visit Ketapang last Christmas, and my visit brought me many fond memories. As I may not know, I was born in Ketapang, but my family moved to Jakarta when I was barely a year old. Being able to visit the birthplace of my birth was a fantastic experience. And I can assure you that it is worth visiting Ketapang.

There are two ways to get to Ketapang: by air or by sea. Pontianak Supadio Airport offers weekly flights to Ketapang. If you want, you can also take a speedboat, which takes a much longer journey. When I first arrived in Ketapang, I noticed that many birds were freely swallowed. The Swallow Nest collection (a delight of Chinese cuisine) is very popular here. So, if you're an aggressive entrepreneur looking for opportunities, it may be worth visiting Ketapang.

The highlight of my trip was "Pagatimun", a hidden beach that offers peace and solitude. The beach is about 1.2 hours drive from Ketapang. He goes to an area that is barely touched by tourists or travelers, even the locals. The sound of the breaking waves was as reassuring as that of the stars above. Pagatimun offers a serenity that you will not find anywhere else.

When I returned from Ketapang, I decided to stay in Pontianak for two days. Pontianak, "Kota Khatulistiwa" or Equator City, is the ideal place to visit wonderful culinary creations. It is called "Kota Khatulistiwa" because the city is located exactly on the equator line. Many travelers travel to the jungle of Kalimantan on the Kapuas River before their long journey. However, there are many other attractions that you want to explore. The sites to visit and the sights of Pontianak are about to start our informative page.

Interesting fact

The name "Pontianak" comes from a folklore. It is said that Pontianak means "pregnant with a child" and is the spirit that persecuted the first group that came to the uninhabited area of ​​Pontianak.

0 comments:

Post a Comment