Saturday, November 3, 2018

An untouched adventure paradise on Sumatra

Sumatra
Toba Lake

Unlike its neighboring islands of Bali or Java, Sumatra does not attract many travelers, and although I've moved to this island, it's difficult to understand why. It is the largest island in Indonesia and has much to offer. Jungles, orangutans, elephants, volcanoes, waterfalls ... In short: a virgin paradise full of adventure!

Gunung Leuser National Park

Gunung Leuser National Park, the Orangutang and Sumatran Tiger House, is a wonderful place to hike through the jungle. However, do not be disappointed not to see tigers because my guide told me that nobody saw him and that was probably the last thing he had seen.

After leaving Bukit Lawang early, it was not long before we were surrounded by orangutang and thomas leaf monkeys climbing trees. It was amazing to see how well the guide knew how to behave with each orang-tang, because they all have their personality traits and some like to steal bags!

Tangkahan

This quiet town on the border of Gunung Leuser National Park has really stolen my heart. There is a lot to do here. Wash the elephants, swim in the river, swim in the waterfalls ... all surrounded by beautiful rainforest. A perfect place to communicate with nature.

Although the Indonesians are especially friendly, you will definitely meet the nicest people in history here. The guides are always ready to help and would like to talk about their culture. They will do everything they can to make your stay truly wonderful.

In addition, elephants are wonderful animals and I want to see them happy. I'm not an expert, but I think I've seen happy faces of elephants in Tangkahan.

Sibayak volcano, Berastagi

The Sibayak Mountain is one of the active volcanoes in Indonesia and the view of the crater is incredible. Once at the top, the smell of sulfur gets stronger and everywhere there are gorges with yellow stones.

Interestingly, while I applied sunscreen, my guide asked me why I was constantly covered in this white cream. He looked at me shocked and then laughed uncontrollably when I said I would blush if I did not.

Samosir Island, Lake Toba

An island on an island! Here you will not only find beautiful landscapes, but Samosir is also home to the Batak people, an ancient tribe who likes to teach you about their culture. With its traditional dances, colorful ornaments and beautiful houses decorated with geometric patterns, your culture will thrill you.

Banda Aceh

At first, I was reluctant to list Banda Aceh on my list of popular travel destinations in Sumatra, but the culture shock I experienced there and the tsunami are still the place where the city made my visit a memorable one. One day in this city, as a transit point for Pulau Weh, was sufficient!

The goal of the strict Sharia is not for everyone, but if you decide to leave, it will surely leave you astonished.

Banda Aceh was very touched by the 2004 tsunami and its impact on the city is still visible. The unusual view of the boats in the center of the city or on a house roof can be found here as a monument. The tsunami museum offers an insight into the terrible experiences of the people and is well worth a visit.

Pulau woe

It is a small island just above Sumatra, easily accessible from Banda Aceh by ferry. With crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches, Pulau Weh is a paradise for diving, diving or relaxing. There are so many exotic fish that I had the impression of swimming in a natural aquarium!

Read more
Panorama of Kelok Sembilan 
Trip to Nagari Saribu Rumah Gadang



0 comments:

Post a Comment